St. Antony's Church
St. Antony's Church is situated at 13 km away from Nagercoil which is near Nagercoil - Trivandrum national highway. It was the substation of St.Sebastin's Church, Madathattuvilai from 19th January, 1945 to 6th December, 1999. It was declared as a Parish (with equal rights) on 7th December, 1999. This Church was declared as a separate Parish on 22nd June, 2011.
During 17th Century, there was St.Antony's Kurusadi (Hebi) at this place. People offered prayers at this place and received countless miracles through the intervention of St.Antony. Blessed Devasahayam Pillai (1712-1752) had stayed and offered prayers in this Church during his pesecution period. It was during the period of Bishop Lawrence Pereira (Bishop of Kottar Diocese, May 26, 1930 – January 7, 1938) the construction of the Church got its approval. On 25th December, 1942 (Christmas) this Church was blessed by Fr. Mathias. This Church still remains in the Church andall who come here seeking St.Antony's divine intervention.
During the Period of Bishop Thomas Roch Agniswami S.J (Bishop of Kottar Diocese, January 5, 1939 – November 23, 1970) the foundation stone was laid by Fr. Soosai Michael on 16th July, 1960.
On 09th November, 1969 Fr. Josepath Maria became the Parish Priest. He took multiple initiatives for the completion of this Church and establishment of Devotee's Hostel.
St. Antony. On 20th, December 1970 this Church was blessed by Bishop Thomas Roch Agniswami, S.J in the presence of Fr. Mathias.
During the period of Bishop Leon Augustine Tharmaraj (Bishop of Kottar Diocese, November 14, 1988 – January 16, 2007), the initiative for the construction of the new Church was taken by Fr.R. Antony (Parish Priest) and received its approval in 2006.
The main door of the Church was blessed by Fr.S. Solomon (Kottar Diocese Judicial Vicar) in the presence of Fr.S. Varghese (Parish Priest). During the Period of Fr.A. Jockim (Parish Priest) the Flag post and all the pending works of the Church were completed. On 25th May, 2012 the new Church was blessed by Bishop Peter Remigius (Bishop of Kottar Diocese).
Our Lady of Refuge Hebi:
Our Lady of Refuge Hebi which is located in front of the Main Church was initiated by Fr. Joseph M Calins (Parish Priest) and blessed by Fr. Jesu Rethinam (Vicariate Mulagumoodu, Vicar Forane) on 1st June, 2002.
Our Lady of Lourd's Grotto:
Our Lady of Lourd's Grotto was blessed by Bishop Marianus Arokiasamy (Bishop of Kotttar, November 23, 1970 – July 3, 1987) on 28th May, 1985.
Parish Priest Home:
The foundation stone was laid on 24th June, 1988 by Fr. Eugine Kulandai. The initiative for the completion of the work was taken by Fr. Hillary A.M (Parish Priest). It was blessed by Bishop Leon Augustine Tharmaraj (Bishop of Kottar Diocese, November 14, 1988 – January 16, 2007) on 16th August, 1991.
St.Antony's Primary School:
Under the guidance of Fr.D.C Antony, in the year 1949 St.Antony's Primary School began. It is a Government aided School providing education to all the students in and around the village.